Monday, February 10, 2014

The Big Five - Feb.'14

So I thought that there is so much news about coming action films that I could compile some of my favorite stories as of late and list them here for you to read! It's time for an action news round up!


5. The Mechanic remake is getting a sequel and Jason Statham is returning! - To be honest I have not seen the remake of the classic Micheal Winner/Charles Bronson. I have seen the original and love it though. I find it interesting that the remake is getting a sequel and I'm happy to hear that Statham is coming back though. Here's hopes that the film will find a way to get Jason to kill more baddies.


4. The new Star Wars film is shooting in May! - Well, Star Wars happens to be the biggest film franchise of all time. And it has action in it. I fear for the future, but want it to be great! I love the six films so far and think that all of them have some great action and some of my favorite action characters of all time as well. Besides, they gave us icon Harrison Ford!


3. Pierce Brosnan finally returns to the action genre with November Man! - Now this is the kind of news that I love. I hate when actors attach themselves as an action icon and than just leave. However, Brosnan is back and as a spy too! What a coincidence. Anyone who is a James Bond will always be on my action radar! He looks really cool in this flick too.


2. Joel Silver is planning an Escape From New York reboot trilogy! - Now this is interesting. Joel Silver wants to make a trilogy that explains how New York came to be how it was, than tell the classic story, and than fix New York back to how it is today. That is an awesome set up and I hope this gets made. I know the original is a classic cult film, but it has been so long and the film and its sequel are flawed so its time for a reboot.


1. Donnie Yen has confirmed he will return for Ip Man 3! - Now this is what I am talking about! Donnie Yen's portrayal of the great Yip Man is a spectacle to behold. Ip Man 1 is one of my top 20 action films of all time, it is that good. Yen is also an icon and I cannot wait to see the third and final film in the trilogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment