Saturday, April 26, 2014

What's to Come...

 "I am the God of Kingdom come, give me the prize!"

I haven't done one of these blog update posts in a long long time. I prefer to let reviews and articles speak for themselves. However, now that school is in full swing, I have a big pile of action films piling up that I would love to watch but don't have time for. Therefore, I thought I'd list some things I plan on doing as soon as I can do them and let you all know I'd love to pump these reviews out if I could. So here's a list for me and you.

I'm also going back and revising some of my old reviews. I'm just cleaning up some of the weak grammar, changing the pictures, and converting all of the reviews to the current format. I guess you could say I have a little George Lucas in me.

  1. Tragic Hero (a.k.a. Rich and Famous 2): I reviewed the first film awhile ago and for some reason have not got around to reviewing the only sequel, Tragic Hero. I should do this before anything else but I know myself. For those curious, Chow Yun Fat actually becomes the protagonist of the sequel and Andy Lau becomes the supporting, a bizarre role reversal from the first film.
  2. Heroic Cops: This was a $4 DVD that I purchased from Hong Kong. It's an early Chow Yun Fat film from the late 1970's. I don't expect it to be good at all but who am I to say no to it.
  3. Windtalkers: John Woo's WWII epic is in my cinematic library finally. I also made sure to get the Director's Cut. Will review eventually.
  4. The Grandmaster: I don't know why I didn't see this in theaters, but it's in my hands now. I own the U.S. cut of this.
  5. Pirates of the Carribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl: Yeah I don't know why but I rekindled my interest in Pirates lately. I know it's bizarre to list so many die hard action films and than this film, but I have not watched it in a long time (even though I know the plot and situations pretty much by heart). I will probably review 2 and 3 eventually too. I never saw Pirates 4 either. I hear it sucks though, but my interest may get the better of me. If someone gave me Pirates 4 I would watch it and review it.
  6. Man Wanted: Just a random heroic bloodshed action film featuring Simon Yam. I don't know what it's about but I'm stoked to watch all kinds of double fisted gun action though.
  7. Treasure Hunt: This was Chow's last Hong Kong action film before his attempt at U.S. stardom in 1998. I've never seen it and can't wait to watch it.
  8. Django Strikes Again: My first VHS purchase in a post VHS day and age! Now I just need a VHS player to watch this bad boy. For those not in the know, Django Strikes Again is the only official Django sequel with original star Franco Nero. It takes a page out of Rambo and bizarre cult cinema too.
Well there you go. Quite a lot of films, and this doesn't even include theatrical releases! Oh boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment